This website, together with its interactive features and applications and the computing and information systems supporting the foregoing (this “Website”), collects some Personal Data from its Users.
Data Controller and Owner
54 West 40th Street
NY, NY 10018
Owner contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of Data collected
Among the types of Personal Data that this Website collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: first name, last name, gender, date of birth, phone number, profession, address, state, email address, city, Usage Data, Cookies and username. In addition, the Website may collect certain Usage Data that may not be Personal Data.
The Personal Data may be voluntarily provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this Website.
Unless otherwise specified, all Data requested by this Website is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Website to provide its services. In cases where this Website specifically states that some Personal Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Personal Data without any consequences on the availability or the functioning of the service.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Owner.
Users are responsible for any third party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Website and confirm that they have the third party's consent to provide that Personal Data to the Owner.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
The Data Controller processes the Data of Users in a commercially reasonable manner and shall take commercially reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Personal Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Data Controller, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of the site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Data Controller at any time.
The Data is processed at the Data Controller's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved with the processing are located. For further information, please contact the Data Controller.
The Data is kept at least for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the User, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and the User can always request that the Data Controller remove the User’s Personal Data. In response to any such request for removal of Personal Data, the Data Controller shall use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly remove all such Personal Data.
The use of the collected Data
The Data is collected to allow the Owner to provide its services, as well as for the following purposes: Contacting the User, Handling payments, Interaction with live chat platforms, Managing contacts and sending messages and Social features.
The Personal Data used for each purpose is outlined in the specific sections of this document.
Additionally, to the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, the Data Controller may disclose or transfer Data—
- to subsidiaries and affiliates of the Data Controller;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties that the Data Controller uses to support its business related to this Website, including, but not limited to those described below;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Data Controller’s or any of its affiliates assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which such Data is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which it was provided to Data Controller;
- for any other purpose disclosed by the Website or the Data Controller in connection with its collection;
- to display examination and challenge results on the Website or to share such results with our business relationships;
- with the User’s consent, including via the Website;
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use located at https://blinddata.com/terms and other agreements between Data Controller or its affiliates and the User, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- to the extent the Data Controller reasonably determines such disclosure or transfer is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of the Data Controller, its affiliates, their respective customers or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
- Contacting the User
- Contact form (this Website)
- By filling in the contact form with their Personal Data, the User authorizes this Website to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
- Personal Data collected: address, city, date of birth, email address, first name, gender, last name, phone number, profession and state.
- Handling payments
- Payment processing services enable this Website to process payments by credit card, bank transfer or other means. To ensure greater security, this Website shares only the information necessary to execute the transaction with the financial intermediaries handling the transaction.
- Some of these services may also enable the sending of timed messages to the User, such as emails containing invoices or notifications concerning the payment.
- PayPal (PayPal Inc.)
- PayPal is a payment service provided by PayPal Inc., which allows Users to make online payments.
- Interaction with live chat platforms
- This type of service allows Users to interact with third party live chat platforms directly from the pages of this Website, for contacting and being contacted by this Website support service.
- If one of these services is installed, it may collect browsing and Usage Data in the pages where it is installed, even if the Users do not actively use the service. Moreover, live chat conversations may be logged.
- Drift Widget (Drift.com, Inc.)
- The Drift Widget is a service for interacting with the Drift live chat platform provided by Drift.com, Inc.
- Managing contacts and sending messages
- Social features
- Public profile (this Website)
- Users may have public profiles that other Users can display. In addition to the Personal Data provided, this profile may contain Users' interactions with this Website.
- Personal Data collected: city and username.
- Sharing information with service providers and strategic relationships
- We may share your Personal Data with our service providers that assist us in providing our products and services.
- We may share your Personal Data with persons with whom we have strategic relationships or partnerships in connection with the marketing and provision of our or their products or services. For example, we may partner with a recruiting firm to provide you with information about job opportunities that may fit your profile given the results of your test scores and other Personal Data, and we may share your Personal Data with that firm in connection with that strategic partnership.
- User information collected during online exam features may be collected and processed by, or otherwise shared with this third-party service provider.
Further information about Personal Data
- The Service is not directed to children under the age of 13
- Users declare themselves to be adult according to their applicable laws. Minors may use this Website only with the authorization of a parent or guardian. Under no circumstance persons under the age of 13 may use this Website. The Data Controller does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If any User is under the age of 13, such User must not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features or applications or otherwise provide any information about such User to the Data Controller, including any Personal Data. If the Data Controller learns it has collected or received Personal Data from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that Personal Data. If any person believes the Data Controller might have any Personal Data from or about a child under the age of 13, such person should notify the Data Controller.
- Additional rights of California residents
- California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits Users that are California residents to request certain information regarding the Data Controller’s disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact the Data Controller at the contact information listed above.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User's Data may be used for legal purposes by the Data Controller, in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Website or the related services.
The User declares to be aware that the Data Controller may be required to reveal Data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User's Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Website and any third party services may collect files that record interaction with this Website (System logs) or use for this purpose other Data (such as IP Address).
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Data may be requested from the Data Controller. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
The rights of Users
Users have the right to know whether their Personal Data has been stored and can consult the Data Controller to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, deleted, updated or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law. These requests should be sent to the Data Controller at the contact information set out above.
This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Definitions and legal references
All Personal Data, Usage Data and any other information submitted or otherwise collected from a User through the Website or in connection with separate online, in-person or other activities and events related to the Website.
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information regarding a natural person, a legal person, an institution or an association, which is, or can be, identified, even indirectly, by reference to any other information, including a personal identification number.
Information collected automatically from this Website (or third party services employed in this Website), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Website, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server's answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Website) and the details about the path followed within the Website with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User's IT environment.
The individual using this Website, which must coincide with or be authorized by the Data Subject, to whom the Personal Data refers.
The legal or natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Controller (or Owner)
The natural person, legal person, public administration or any other body, association or organization with the right, also jointly with another Data Controller, to make decisions regarding the purposes, and the methods of processing of Personal Data and the means used, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Website. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Website.
The hardware or software tool by which the Personal Data of the User is collected.
Small piece of data stored in the User's device and accessible by this Website, including for purposes of generating Usage Data.
Notice to European Users: this privacy statement is intended to fulfill the obligations under Art. 10 of EC Directive n. 95/46/EC, and under the provisions of Directive 2002/58/EC, as revised by Directive 2009/136/EC, on the subject of Cookies.
Latest update: June 28, 2018